- One of only 1,128 Interceptor Mark IIs made in 1971
- Two-owner car from new, 56,xxx original miles per previous owner
- Original, matching numbers Chrysler 383 CID V-8 engine with 4-bbl carb
- Original Torqueflite A727 three-speed automatic transmission and limited-slip differential
- White exterior with an original Connolly black leather interior
- Air-conditioning, power steering, Girling power disc brakes, power windows, Rostyle wheels with Jensen center caps
- Documentation includes the original Protect-O-Plate in the original owner’s name; copy of original title; original Jensen warranty certificate; tool kit and jack; fire extinguisher; first aid kit; service voucher book; original owner’s manual; marketing brochure and dealer/distributor book
What is a Jensen Interceptor? An English touring coupe with locally-made body and interior but with an American engine and running gear. These were hand assembled at the Kelvin Way Factory in West Bromwich, England, near Birmingham.
Finished in white, this car’s paint and trim are in overall very good order. The bodywork is straight and solid, the original engine bay is very tidy, the chrome wraparound bumpers look great and fit tightly against the body, the cargo area is in decent order.
This Anglo-American hybrid rolls on radials, size 205/70R14 at every corner of the car. Each tire is mounted on a Rostyle wheel with a Jensen center cap. The wheels and tires are all in very good order.
Under the front-hinged hood is an original Chrysler 383 CID V-8 engine with four-barrel carburetor. The motor is married to an original Torqueflite A727 three-speed automatic transmission with a limited-slip differential. Driver convenience features include air-conditioning, power steering, Girling power disc brakes and power windows.
Inside, the original interior is unrestored and features hand-stitched Connolly leather seats in front and rear, black carpet and a neutral-colored headliner. The seats are in satisfactory order, as is the carpet. A three-spoke steering wheel is present while the inner door liners and instrument panel present in very good condition. The center console shows some wear on the driver’s side and there’s a console-mounted shift lever. An unusual audio combination rounds out the interior, a factory AM radio with an eight-track cassette deck.
Documentation includes the original Protect-O-Plate in the original owner’s name; copy of original title; original Jensen warranty certificate; tool kit and jack; fire extinguisher; first aid kit; service voucher book; original owner’s manual; marketing brochure and dealer/distributor book.
The Jensen Interceptor is a grand touring car which was hand-built at the Kelvin Way Factory in West Bromwich, near Birmingham in England, by Jensen Motors between 1966 and 1976. The Mark II was announced in October 1969, with slightly revised styling around the headlamps, front grille and bumper and revised rear lights. The interior was substantially revised in order to meet US regulations and air conditioning was an option.
Competition to this Interceptor in 1971 included BMW’s 3.0CS, Buick’s Riviera, Cadillac’s Eldorado, Chrysler’s Imperial LeBaron, Citroën’s SM, Jaguar’s XKE Series III V-12, Lincoln’s Continental Mark IV, Mercedes-Benz’s 450 SLC, Rolls-Royce’s Corniche, Oldsmobile’s Toronado and Stutz’s Blackhawk.
This Anglo-American hybrid combines English coachwork and interior with American brute power. Make plans to stop by MotoeXotica Classic Cars today to check it out.
More info: Listing has ended. Search on eBay for similar 1971 Jensen Interceptor
Seller's other items: motoexotica
Location: Fenton, Missouri, United States