Since everyone seems to be calling it “beautiful” we figured that’d be the name. It’s not perfect, but it is of show-car caliber. Character, beauty, and an excruciating attention to detail over years worth of labor and love have finally brought this rare, LOW-miles barn Cruiser back to its original glory, and then some. Dune Beige 416 single-stage paint. Frame and body VINs match. A truly rare truck with stock floor mat, stock horns, stock rims, stock roll bars, original Warn 8274 winch, original warn hubs, and the list goes on. This was built to last and be used. Over $26,000 in new parts alone. All receipts kept down to the nuts and bolts. Over 1000 hours worth of labor + original purchase makes this well over $85,000 in value. Looks like new inside and out. Nothing hidden or covered up. All traces of rust removed down to the body seams and inner frame. Includes a few custom upgrades and extra features: later-model hardtop and doors, front disc brakes, rear hitch receiver, Bluetooth Retro radio. All replacement parts are OEM wherever possible. 80%+ new nuts, bolts, and screws. Fully-documented restoration. Professionally done body work and paint. 3rd owner.
The early year FJ40 models feature the best steel of all years making them less prone to rust and corrosion. With only 58,000 miles on this FJ40, which lived its whole life in the dry climate of central Oregon, rust was almost non-existent. Its original engine was still in excellent shape. Nonetheless, we put in a new SOR serviced F engine to provide optimal quality. Cylinder compression stands at 155-160 psi for all cylinders. This restoration was led by Matt Pennock, a mechanic of 20 years. This is his second FJ40 restoration. Body work was done professionally, and paint was professionally done with a single-stage urethane after the original methods of the early days. Even the color was restored to it’s original Dune Beige 416. A much-loved Cruiser color!
· Rebuilt engine was honed, re-ringed, and has new rod bearings. Head was magnafluxed, resurfaced, new freeze-plugs, valve springs re-shimmed, valve seats reground, painted. All new gaskets and seals.
· Over 85 percent of nuts, bolts, and screws are new with tons of stainless steel hardware placed especially in vulnerable areas (inside fenders, hinges, door pins, etc.)
· Wiring harness completely overhauled with new vintage terminals and connectors just like originals. Switches cleaned/rebuilt, all cables greased, overhauled, or replaced.
· Tuned, road-tested, and dialed in. Oil flushed and re-filled with synthetic 10w30 after 150 miles. Coolant flushed and re-filled at 200 miles. Manifold/carb bolts re-torqued. Oil-pan bolts re-torqued. Purrs like a cat.
· 75-84 model hard-top and doors adds nicer interior feel and functionality.
· Powder-coated steering column, roll bars, wheels, tire carrier bracket, center console and more.
· Frame coated with POR-15
· Stainless steel fuel lines, stainless steel braided fuel hoses with additional fabric braided sheathing. Custom AN fittings.
· Notorious spots and corners on hard-top prone to leakage re-welded or improved.
· Underside was epoxy sealed then coated with Raptor Liner.
· Front disc brake conversion utilizes an FJ60 master cylinder upgrade providing superior braking. Stops on a dime! Original front drum brakes/master cylinder included for the ultra-purists out there.
· Many rare and hard-to-find parts: a beautiful looking original floor mat, bottle jack and tools, rear license plate bracket, steering wheel, Warn 8274 winch, stock seat belts, knobs, and horns.
· OME shocks, Energy Suspension body mounts, new bushings, and U-bolts make for a nice smooth ride.
· Everything works! From the heater to the gears to the light.
· RetroSound Radio with BT/iPod/USB support, two carefully placed Kicker front speakers. Easily expandable audio system.
· Rear trailer hitch and hookup for your off-road trailers, campers, etc.!
· Optional radio antenna and Red Wood shoulder harness seatbelts + hardware included. Ready to Install.
· Fully documented, fresh restore with only a couple hundred miles on it, just getting broken in!
More info: Listing has ended. Click to search on eBay for similar 1974 Toyota Land Cruiser (Affiliate link)
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States